Carson City Firefighters raced to the scene of a reported apartment fire at 217 So. Harbin Monday night. It was shortly after 9pm that the fire was reported in apartment 5. Preliminary evaluation indicates that a tenant in the apartment put food in a pan and put it on the stove. Unfortunately, he turned around and fell asleep on the couch. The tenant awoke to flames coming from the stove and called the fire department. Quick acting firefighters put the fire out before any major damage could set in. Smoke damage looked minimal.
Moral of the story – If you’re going to sleep don’t cook. If you’re going to cook, don’t sleep.