Efforts to install a new roof at 615 Chernus Way caused a fire that took firefighters some time to extinguish. A spark is suspected of igniting some roof insulation – the fire moving quickly under new roof construction and toward the east end of the home.
A small army of CC Firefighters chased the burning insulation, tearing out sections of roofing to track it down.
Firefighters finally tracked the pattern of burned insulation and soaked it thoroughly. Home saved but likely extended the roofing project. No injuries.