Democratic candidate for President Pete Buttigieg visits Carson City to campaign for the upcoming Nevada caucus election. Buttigieg will kick off the event on Monday, February 17, 11:30am at Western Nevada College.
Here are some major planks in his political platform for his run for the White House…
* Medicare for all “for those who want it.” Eventually the entire country could sign up for Medicare if that’s the will of the people.
* Do something about America’s prison rate – highest in the world and getting worse.
* Favor repeal of law that bans government health insurance being used for abortions.
* Make presidential elections truly democratic – two recent presidential elections went to the loser of the popular vote.
* Reduce the cost of college – expand student loan forgiveness.
* Support the Green New Deal to reverse Global Warming.
* Launch massive federally sponsored solar power program to help low income families with their power bills.
* $1.5 TRILLION dollar climate change program – more clean energy jobs.
* Raise taxes on the wealthy – end huge income disparities.
* Stop American corporations from hiding their profits overseas.
* Equal pay for women in the work place.
* Universal background checks for those buying guns
* Overturn Citizens United which has allowed the very wealthy and large corporations to spend unlimited amounts of funds on political campaigns.
* Stop sending our troops into parts of the world that only bog down our troops in endless foreign wars like Afghanistan. Use air strikes – not ground troops unless absolutely necessary
* Against “Trump’s Wall” along the US-Mexico border. End family separations.
* Load President Trump’s policies into a dump truck and transport them to the dust bin of history.
Democrat Pete Buttigieg, WNC, Monday, February 17, 11:30am.