The Carson City School District (CCSD) is asking parents to mark their calendars for Monday, March 2, to begin registering children who will be 5-years-old by September 30 and there eligible for Kindergarten for the coming 2020-2021 school year.
Full-day Kindergarten classes are offered at all elementary schools in Carson City. Contact your neighborhood school:
- Bordewich Bray Elementary, 775-283-2400
- Empire Elementary, 775-283-1100
- Fremont Elementary, 775-283-1200
- Fritsch Elementary, 775-283-1400
- Mark Twain Elementary, 775-283-1000
- Seeliger Elementary, 775-283-2200
To review school boundaries, please check the district’s website at carsoncityschools.com and click on “School Attendance Zones” under the “Parents” tab. Or click here to view the CCSD SchoolSite Locator on the district’s website…click here to view it in Spanish.
Parents are invited to visit their child’s prospective school in person between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to provide the following required documents to register.
- Birth certificate.
- Immunization records (including Hepatitis A & B, DTAP, MMR, IPV & Varicella). Please contact your physician’s office to ensure compliancy for school.
- Proof of residency in Carson City (Utility bill, Mortgage or Rental papers, Voter Registration, etc.).
Additionally, children who will be 4-years-old by Sept. 30, 2020, and whose family qualifies under the federal household income guidelines, may apply for the district’s Pre-Kindergarten program for the 2020-2021 school year. There is limited space for Pre-K students zoned for the following schools: Bordewich Bray, Empire, Fremont and Mark Twain Elementary Schools. At this time, Fritsch and Al Seeliger Elementary Schools will not be accepting Pre-K applications.
Applications for Pre-K in Carson City may be submitted beginning Monday, March 9, at 604 West Musser Street. Carson City, Nevada 89703. Click here to see if your family qualifies or click on the “Pre-K” under the “Parents” tab on the district’s website. Parents should direct any Pre-K inquiries to the Pre-K Office, 775-283-1509.