Early Friday evening Carson City Firefighters were called to what was described as an out of control chimney fire off County Line Road. There was quite a blaze burning inside the chimney – heavy smoke and flame quite visible from the top of the chimney.
Firefighters made their attack by lugging a fire hose onto the roof and blasting a lot of water down the chimney. Firefighters say they got there just in time to prevent any fire escape through the chimney walls to the outside much to the great relief of the homeowner.
Fortunately nothing more than smoke got to the outside much to the relief of the homeowners.
Firefighters on the roof took pictures of the damage to ensure they didn’t miss any hot spots.