Firefighters say workers inside an industrial building off Hot Springs Road caused a small brush fire outside their building Friday morning. The fire was caused by workers inside the building cutting a hole in a steel wall in order to install a window. Unfortunately, sparks shot out from the cuts and rained down on tinder dry grass below, igniting a sizeable blaze.
Arriving firefighters quickly started spraying water mixed with foam and had the blaze knocked down quickly. They continued to soak the ground and remaining vegetation to help ensure the fire is out – dead out.