Funding Assistance for Non-Profits
In response to the Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) the U.S. Department of Treasury has allocated funding to reimburse local governments for expenses incurred in responding to the COVID-19 public health emergency. In turn, the Carson City Board of Supervisors has allocated $1,000,000 of these Coronavirus Relief Funds to non-profits operating in Carson City to help with direct and indirect expenses associated with COVID-19. The funds must be used specifically for:
1. Necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to COVID-19,
2. Expenses not accounted for in the budget most recently approved through your organization, and
3. Expenses incurred and paid during the period that begins March 1, 2020 and ends December 30, 2020.
Guidance can be found at: https://home.treasury.gov
The federal assistance will be distributed, on a reimbursement basis, through Carson City, Nevada for expenses associated with COVID-19.
1. Please refer to the guidance to ensure that expenses requested are allowable and provide a Letter of Interest.
2. Please provide a detailed budget for the proposed program.
3. Please provide a plan of expenditure which should be no more than four pages in length and include the following:
a. Brief problem statement(s) explaining why funds are needed.
b. Estimate or exact amount of funds required to meet this need.
c. An explanation of how funds are expected to be used to respond directly to the COVID-19 public health emergency or for secondary effect.
d. If funds are expected to be allocated to other entities, how funds will be allocated and the nature of their work (e.g. food bank, home care providers, etc.).
e. How the agency receiving the funds will ensure the use of funds meet federal guidance.
4. Projects must be completed, and all funds must be reimbursed by December 30, 2020.
5. Applicants will need to submit a Letter of Interest, budget and plan of expenditure; to the Grants Administrator by 4pm on August 5, 2020. Those three documents will be deemed to be the “application.” Documents can be submitted to Carson City via e-mail at email@example.com or by mail, to the following address, but complete applications must be received by Carson City no later than August 5th, 2020:
201 N. Carson Street # 3
Carson City, NV 89701
Attn: Grants Administrator
6. Funding will be determined based on the application, the eligibility of expenses, and the level of need throughout Carson City. Funding will also be dependent on the number of requests received and dollar amount of those requests.
7. All questions can be e-mailed to the Carson City Grants Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 775-283-7069.
Carson City will assemble an Application Review Workgroup (ARW) to review, read and score all applications. The ARW recommendations will be presented to the Carson City Board of Supervisors; and the Board of Supervisors will have final approval of the funding.