Quad-County COVID-19 Update: Five New Cases and Twenty-Two Recoveries
(Carson City, NV)- Carson City Health and Human Services (CCHHS) is reporting five new cases and twenty-two recoveries of COVID-19 in the Quad-County Region. This brings the total number of cases to 886, with 732 recoveries and fifteen deaths, 139 cases remain active.
The new cases are:
- A male Lyon County resident in his 80’s with a connection to a previously reported case.
- A female Carson City resident under the age of 18 with a connection to a previously reported case.
- A male Lyon County resident in his 50’s with no connection to a previously reported case.
- A male Carson City resident in his 30’s with a connection to a previously reported case.
- A female Carson City resident in her 40’s with no connection to a previously reported case.
Carson City Health and Human Services is working to identify close risk contacts to prevent further spread of the disease. Due to medical privacy requirements and to protect their identity, no further information about the cases will be released.
|County||Total Cases||Active Cases||Recovered||Deaths|
Gender and age break down of the cases by county as well as the cases by zip code is available at https://gethealthycarsoncity.org/novel-coronavirus-2019/. Statewide numbers can be found at the Nevada Health Response website (nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/).
Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing for Quad-County Residents
There is one drive-thru COVID-19 testing event for Quad-County residents this week. Testing is free of charge; first come, first served, no appointments or reservations.
- August 21, 8 a.m. to 11a.m.
- Fernley City Hall (595 Silver Lace Blvd, Fernley)
For those who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have questions, call the Quad-County COVID-19 Hotline Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Spanish speakers are available. The phone number is (775) 283-4789.