The Carson City School District is pleased to announce ParentSquare, a new way for parents and guardians to obtain and receive information related to their child’s school. The program primarily utilizes email, text and app notifications to allow two-way communication between parents and teachers.
ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. Parents will be receiving an invite to join ParentSquare from the school district. They can also visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to download the app at no cost.
“Ultimately, ParentSquare helps us better keep parents informed and provides them with a more connected experience,” said Raymond Medeiros, director of Innovation and Technology for the Carson City School District. “Feedback from our school community was the primary driver behind this change. There were so many different tools our teachers were using [ClassDojo, Seesaw, bloomz, etc.], and this helps us declutter those channels.”
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare:
- Receive messages from the school via email, text or App notification
- Choose to receive information as it is sent out or consolidated at 6 pm daily
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Comment on school postings to engage in your school community
- Direct message teachers and staff
- Participate in group messages
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences with smart online technology
- Sign forms & permission slips, sign up to volunteer and more all from your phone or web portal