Carson City Health and Human Services reported four new cases and 11 additional recoveries of COVID-19 in the Quad-County Region on Thursday.
This brings the total number of cases to 971, with 880 recoveries and 15 deaths, 76 cases remain active.
The new cases are:
- A female Carson City resident under the age of 18 with no connection to a previously reported case.
- A female Lyon County resident in her 40s with no connection to a previously reported case.
- A male Lyon County resident in his 20s with no connection to a previously reported case.
- A male Carson City resident in his 20s with no connection to a previously reported case.
Carson City Health and Human Services is working to identify close risk contacts to prevent further spread of the disease. Due to medical privacy requirements and to protect their identity, no further information about the cases will be released.
|County||Total Cases||Active Cases||Recovered||Deaths|
Gender and age break down of the cases by county as well as the cases by zip code is available at https://gethealthycarsoncity.org/novel-coronavirus-2019/.
Statewide numbers can be found at the Nevada Health Response website (nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/).
Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing for Quad-County Residents
There is one drive-thru COVID-19 testing event for Quad-County residents this week. Testing is free of charge; first come, first served, no appointments or reservations.
- August 28, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Lockwood Senior Center (800 Peri Ranch Rd, Lockwood)
For those who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have questions, call the Quad-County COVID-19 Hotline Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Spanish speakers are available. The phone number is (775) 283-4789.