Late afternoon a fire broke out in a ground floor apartment in the 500 block of E. Long. Carson City Firefighters were on scene very quick and were directed to a bottom floor apartment to see smoke coming out of a oven.
Firefighters quickly had the fire extinguished. An adult female who lives there was able to flee her apartment and go next door to call 9-1-1.
There was no major damage to the apartment but the oven got a good scorching.
Lesson learned. When you put something in the oven, make sure you check on it as it cooks.