CVS, Save Mart, Smith’s, Walgreens and Walmart are vaccinating people in the following categories:
- 16+ with underlying health conditions, individuals with disabilities and individuals experiencing homelessness
- Healthcare workers
- K-12 education and childcare
- Nevada System of Higher Education
- Grocery store employees
For CVS, please visit https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine to schedule an appointment.
CVS location serving 16 & 17-year olds:
- 1980 N. Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701
For Save Mart, please visit https://www.savemart.com/pharmacy to schedule an appointment.
For Smith’s, please visit https://www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/rx/covid-eligibility to schedule an appointment.
For Walgreens, please visit www.walgreens.com/schedulevaccine to schedule an appointment.
For Walmart, please visit https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302 to schedule an appointment.
Nevada Health Centers is currently offering COVID-19 vaccines to individuals who meet the eligibility requirements. Vaccine supply is limited, and appointments for eligible individuals will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be prepared to show proof of age and/or occupation prior to receiving the vaccine.
These groups are now eligible for vaccination with Carson City Health and Human Services. Employees should get instructions from your employer.
- Nevadans 65+
- Community Support Frontline Staff (i.e. frontline workers who support food, shelter, court/legal and social services, and other necessities of life for needy groups and individuals)
- Food bank distributors and food preparers
- Front-facing state service staff (DETR, WIC, DWSS, DMV, ADSD)
- Community coalition advocates/ volunteers in the field
- Veterinary nurses, technicians, veterinarians, and other services supporting individuals and organizations with service animals, search and rescue dogs, and support animals.
- Nevada System of Higher Education educators, staff & students
- Educators (pre-K & K-12) and Childcare — public/private/charter school settings
- Hospital and frontline public health workers
- Long-term care/assisted-living staff & residents
- Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospital Staff
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- Frontline Public Health Workforce and Volunteers
- Laboratory Workers
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
- Outpatient and Home Health Providers
- Nevada Department of Corrections Staff
- Law Enforcement and Public Safety Personnel
- Deployed and mission-critical personnel who play an essential role in national security
- State and Local Emergency Operations Managers and Staff
- Continuity of Governance and Services (State and Local)
- Local Essential Public Transportation
- Essential Public Health Workforce
- Mortuary Services
- Agriculture and Food Processing
- End-To-End Essential Goods Supply Chain
- Utilities and Communications Infrastructure
- Nevada Department of Transportation and Local Emergency Road Personnel
- Frontline Airport Operations
- Other Essential Transportation
- Food Service and Hospitality
For more information, contact Carson City Health & Human Services at 775-434-1988 or Visit the website
Please remember to bring to your appointment the following required documents:
Appointment confirmation email
Other important reminders:
- The vaccine to be provided may require two (2) doses. If a second dose is required, the initial vaccination date will have a second vaccination date 21 or 28 days later which you will be required to return to receive the second dose.
- The location where you received your first dose will send you information regarding your second dose.
- Any individual that is currently sick or under isolation or quarantine for COVID-19 are not eligible to receive the vaccine until they are symptom-free and/or released based on CDC guidelines.
- It is best practice to wait for 15 minutes after your vaccination before leaving the vaccination site.
- Please wear clothing that allows quick and easy access to the upper arm.
- Expect to wait. Due to high patient volume, wait times may vary.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance, so that someone else may sign up for that spot.