FREE COMMUNITY EVENTS
CELEBRATING QUALITY OF LIFE IN CARSON CITY
(Carson City, NV) – November 2021 commemorates the 25th anniversary of the Quality-of-Life Initiative (QOL), a voter approved sales tax dedicated to parks, trails, open space, and the Boys and Girls Club in Carson City. Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space invites the community to celebrate with a fun variety of free activities for all ages and abilities.
QOL generated more than $55 million in revenue since its inception and leveraged nearly $12 million in grants. It preserved thousands of acres of open space and constructed miles of public trails. QOL funded important projects such as the Robert “Bob” Crowell Multipurpose Athletic Center; renovated the Bob Boldrick Theater and the Carson City Rifle and Pistol Range; and made improvements to Fuji, Mills, Centennial, and many other parks in Carson City. The capital city has more parks per capita than the national average, consisting of over 8,000-acres of parks, trails, and open space.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- BOOnanza at Mills Park, October 28, 4pm-7pm.
- Quality of Life Celebration at Silver Saddle Ranch, October 29, 1pm-5pm
- Can’t Dodge This Dodgeball Tournament at the MAC, November 5, 5pm-10pm
- Historical Tour at Silver Saddle Ranch, November 6, 10am-11am
- Autumn trail river bike ride, November 6, 10am-11am
- Beginner Pickleball Clinics at the MAC, November 6, 13, and 20, 9am-11am
- Shooting Day at Carson Rifle and Pistol Range, November 13, 8am-4:30pm
- Fall Full Moon Hike at V & T Trail, November 19, 6pm-7:30pm
- Swim Day at Carson Aquatic Facility, November 20, 12:30pm-4pm
- Jr. Ranger Day at Carson River Park, November 20, 10am-2pmFor a full description of Quality-of-Life Month activities, please visit Carson.org/parks.