Pete Buttigieg in CC
Monday, 11:30am, WNC
Democratic candidate for President Pete Buttigieg visits Carson City to campaign for the upcoming Nevada caucus election. Buttigieg will kick off the event on Monday, February 17, 11:30am at Western Nevada College.
Here are some major planks in his political platform for his run for the White House…
* Medicare for all “for those who want it.” Eventually the entire country could sign up for Medicare if that’s the will of the people.
* Do something about America’s prison rate – highest in the world and getting worse.
* Favor repeal of law that bans government health insurance being used for abortions.
* Make presidential elections truly democratic – two recent presidential elections went to the loser of the popular vote.
* Reduce the cost of college – expand student loan forgiveness.
* Support the Green New Deal to reverse Global Warming.
* Launch massive federally sponsored solar power program to help low income families with their power bills.
* $1.5 TRILLION dollar climate change program – more clean energy jobs.
* Raise taxes on the wealthy – end huge income disparities.
* Stop American corporations from hiding their profits overseas.
* Equal pay for women in the work place.
* Universal background checks for those buying guns
* Overturn Citizens United which has allowed the very wealthy and large corporations to spend unlimited amounts of funds on political campaigns.
* Stop sending our troops into parts of the world that only bog down our troops in endless foreign wars like Afghanistan. Use air strikes – not ground troops unless absolutely necessary
* Against “Trump’s Wall” along the US-Mexico border. End family separations.
* Load President Trump’s policies into a dump truck and transport them to the dust bin of history.
Democrat Pete Buttigieg, WNC, Monday, February 17, 11:30am.
The Carson City Sheriff’s Office Investigation Division is asking for information on a man engaging in fraudulent use of a credit card throughout northwest Nevada.
In the later months of 2019 a male subject opened several credit cards and made fraudulent purchases in Reno and Carson City on a Carson City Resident’s bank account.
Investigators obtained video surveillance showing the male open a credit card account fraudulently at the Home Depot in Reno. The male was wearing a black shirt with grey pants with a gold chain. The male has a tattoo on his neck along with several tattoos on his arms.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Carson City Sheriff’s Office, Dispatch
(775) 887-2677, Investigation Division, Deputy Sam Torres (775) 283-7857, Investigations Captain Brian Humphrey (775)283-7850 or Secret Witness (775)322-4900
Case # 2019-8044
Mac Gym, 1860 Russell Way, Carson City. Doors open Sunday 11am
Sen. Bernie Sanders, last December in Carson City
Encore performance in Carson City Sunday, Feb. 16, Sanders arrives at 12noon. Mac Gym, 1860 Russell Way, Carson City
Fresh off a presidential primary campaign win in New Hampshire, democratic presidential contender Bernie Sanders will swoop into Carson City’s Mac Gym this Sunday, February 22. Doors open at 11am with Senator Sanders to begin speaking right around noon.
Admission is free but signing up in advance is highly recommended despite the size of Mac Gym. To sign up click here.
Standing room only crowd for Tom Steyer in Carson City….
Democratic Presidential hopeful and all-around California businessman Tom Steyer poured out his campaign speech Wednesday evening to an appreciative crowd in Carson City claiming that Donald Trump is toxic and largely out of control. Steyer, who is still running for the presidency, but at the back of the pack of candidates, says President Donald Trump is a crook, and a stupid one at that. Steyer went on to call Trump a racist, sexual predator, a failed, if not fake businessman, who went broke trying to transform his casinos into cash machines. Steyer said that Trump still won’t let Americans see his tax returns. And while he gives away a trillion dollars to America’s already wealthy through tax breaks, he’s threatening to cut to Medicare. Medicaid and Social Security.
Steyer says the American economy is working mainly for the already wealthy, and that it’s time to fight back. If elected president Steyer said he’d immediately work to create a very large tax on the wealthy and he would enhance world trade instead of stifling it, Steyer said a fair wage for the average American working family should be $22 an hour, at least. Steyer said he would work to give Americans a choice on their health care by providing either Medicare for all or a public option that would allow citizens to keep their private insurance if that’s what they want.
Steyer said America can be saved but it’ll take a lot of hard work among all citizens to make it happen….
Steyer also pointed out that two out of the last five presidential elections have been determined by Gerrymandering where congressional district boundaries have been manipulated by political parties within some states – enough to get their candidate elected even if they did not carry the state with the popular vote. He mentioned that in the last election candidate Hillary Clinton got over 3-million more votes that Trump, yet Trump won the election anyway because the Electoral College voted for Trump….not the winner of the popular vote.
Steyer said if elected, he would partner with the American people in rebuilding our inter-state highway system, our schools, water and sewer systems and make college affordable for our young people who are falling farther and farther behind other students in other countries. Steyer said America is in dire need of truly affordable housing, but they’re not getting it.
Steyer is a billionaire and he obviously doesn’t mind spending millions of his own dollars on his own campaign. Steyers is running way-in-the-back of the pack. Right now leading that pack is Bernie Sanders followed by Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobachar, Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden.
CC “on line” water bill payers’ credit card info hacked last Aug/Sept
Carson City City Hall has mailed out letters to city residents who pay their city water bills over the internet through a third-party service. These specific residents have been notified that their credit or debit cards may have been hacked between them and the finance department at City Hall – sometime between August 1st of last year through September 12th of last year via a third party intruder.
It seems that someone or some company accessed the payments and recorded credit card information including name, address, card number, three digit security code, bank account and routing numbers as well as expiration dates. City officials say the data breach has since been fixed by a cybersecurity firm. City officials strongly urge Carson City residents who pay their water bills on line to check their credit and debit card records to see if there are any unwarranted charges on them between Aug 1 and Sept 12 of last year.
Again, the city says the data breach has been fixed.